Tuesday, December 28, 2010

“What is the most significant bloggable event that happened to you in 2010?“.

I don't know how to start it all,,I just want to remember Manang Lita,, she was so kind, lively, down to earth, low profile old lady side walk vendor in the street of San Pedro beside Mercury Drug Store. She was vending since 1974, I could always see here smiling at me whenever she sees me in my white nurse uniform.. she always utter "pusturawo kaayo ka sa imong uniform oi " Pusturawo means good posture in wearing uniform.I could always remember her as a lady who loves to ask how are you doing? and even where you came from?she used to eat beside her small sidewalk store having only rice and a piece of fry fish for lunch and she has to left something for her dinner. She covers her face with small face towel when the sunlight will point on her direction in the afternoon. Manang Lita don't show any hardships she had in the sidewalks for 36 years,, her smiles and jolly style of talking to persons close to her..sometimes there were Sundays I sit with her chatting she usually offers me her small wooden chair,,some students of mine happens to witness me when thet pass by after attending mass at San Pedro Cathedral. I rememeber I bought Manang Lita 2 doughnuts from Dunkin accross and she was smiling and said " tam-is kaayo na sya no?".That taste so sweet.. and I said its okay just take it., I can recall I bought her a medium can of biscuits I can't recall what brand..she was very appreciative at all times..She mentioned how small her house in Sto.nino in Matina although I havem't seen it but I am pretty sure it is true,,she never failed to asked me how am I doing with my work?..How's life for me then? //One time she showed me her "last two" ticket bet,,I know she needs more funds as she is maintaining her medications for hypertension,,,She never uttered asking for to buy medicine..Manag Lita is a person who I could imagine selling on the sidewalk for 3 decades wtihout any complaints from her face the word " contented " fits everything for he.. She is happy along the sidewalk on all weather,,she said that every december her sales went up a little,,she likes Christmas that much..WhenI was writing this article I was praying that I can find someone who can help me lead to her, I try linking this article in my facebook account when a student of mine Greg Gruyal commented that Manang Lita was his neighbor,,I told him that I will talk to him in school,,God answers prayer to my question..I drived one Sunday morningpassing by the same old place and I was able to talk to a vendor who is also a friend of Manang, she told me that days before she noticed a happy and smiling Manang Lita yet there were no signs or gestures of manifesting a forever departure, I told her that i will be back someday for more stories she could share for it is my mission of sharing to the whole world how sorry I am and how denials still play around in me ..I have just talk to Chery Ann a neigboring vendor with Manang Lita last Sunday.. Lastly, thank you to batangyagit for giving me the chance to relate this and to Jehzlau for sponsoring the prize.

2 comments:

Winston said...

ang lungkot naman T__T.
salamat po sa pagsali. sana masaya si Manang Lita kung nasan man po siya ngayon.T__T

henrriesdan said...

salamat sa chance na makasali ako